Thursday, February 22, 2007

Recipe for programming success

Photo by : Abhijit Joshi
Camera : Sony DSC -S50

I was searching for a good 'c programming' book in a book store. Suddenly I noticed a book : Learn C in 7 days !!!.. Wow !! .. I bought this book. Few days after I analyzed that I could hardly learn few syntax. I couldn't learn much about how to use the syntax, no deep understanding...So what's the point?. Peter Norvig, in his 'Teach Yourself Programming in Ten Years' article describes his recipe for programming success. Here are few intersting points:
  • Get interested in programming, and do some because it is fun.
  • Talk to other programmers; read other programs.
  • Program. The best kind of learning is learning by doing.
  • Work on projects with other programmers. Be the best programmer on some projects; be the worst on some others
  • Learn at least a half dozen programming languages.
  • Get involved in a language standardization effort.

No comments: